The best for
The best for
16-inch Retina display¹
for an immersive viewing experience.
Up to 8-core processor
to power through intensive workloads.
Up to 8TB SSD storage²
— the highest capacity in any notebook.
Up to 64GB of memory
for large files and smooth multitasking.
AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series graphics
for fast rendering and seamless playback.
Six-speaker sound system and studio-quality mics
for dramatic sound and superclean recordings.
Designed for those who defy limits and change the world, the new MacBook Pro is by far the most powerful notebook Apple has ever made. With an immersive 16-inch Retina display, superfast processors, next-generation graphics, the largest battery capacity ever in a MacBook Pro, a new Magic Keyboard, and massive storage, it’s the ultimate pro notebook for the ultimate user.
A big, beautiful workspace. For doing big, beautiful work.
The new MacBook Pro features a stunning 16-inch Retina display — the largest Retina display ever in a Mac notebook. It produces 500 nits of brightness for spectacular highlights and bright whites, while delivering deep blacks thanks to the precise photo alignment of liquid crystal molecules. The P3 wide color gamut offers brilliant, true-to-life images, and video. So no matter where you are, you’ll see your work in the best possible light.
Processor and Memory
Working at the speed of thought.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro brings a whole new class of performance to the notebook. Thanks to a more advanced thermal design, the Intel Core i9 processor with up to 8 cores and 16 threads of processing power sustains higher performance for longer periods of time — and delivers up to 2.1 times the performance of a quad-core MacBook Pro.³ So whether you’re layering dozens of tracks and effects, rendering 3D models, or compiling and testing code, you’ll be doing it in no time flat.
More advanced thermal architecture enables faster processing. The thermal architecture in MacBook Pro has been completely redesigned, featuring larger impellers with improved fan blades for optimal airflow and more heat-dispersing fins for more effective cooling. The resulting gain in cooling capacity enables MacBook Pro to deliver up to 12 watts more maximum sustained power.
Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory means more efficient multitasking. The 16-inch MacBook Pro uses fast 2666MHz DDR4 memory — up to 64GB — for smooth performance whether you’re loading hundreds of audio samples, editing billion-pixel images, or running multiple virtual machines.
Bending reality takes bandwidth.
The AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series graphics GPU delivers the greatest graphics horsepower ever in a MacBook Pro. The 16-inch MacBook Pro base model is over two times faster than the previous-generation base model, for seamless playback and faster rendering of ultra-high-definition video⁵. And with the optional 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM, you’ll get up to 80 percent faster performance when executing tasks like color grading in DaVinci Resolve compared with the AMD Radeon Pro Vega 20.⁶
There’s magic in a perfect workspace.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro takes workflow efficiency to a new level. The Magic Keyboard features a refined scissor mechanism with 1 mm travel for a responsive, comfortable, and quiet typing experience. The Touch Bar puts powerful shortcuts front and center, and Touch ID provides fast authentication. A dedicated Escape key allows quick switching between modes and views. And the inverted-T arrow keys enable fluid navigation whether you’re flying through lines of code, navigating spreadsheets, or gaming.
Bigger bass. Better mic.
MacBook Pro has a big voice. The six-speaker sound system produces room-filling wide stereo sound like you’ve never heard from a notebook before. Dual force-cancelling woofers dramatically reduce vibration, adding a half-octave lower range to the bass. And the studio-quality three-mic array rivals professional third-party microphones, for creating superclean podcasts or music recordings on the go.
Bring your whole studio with you.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro has up to 8TB of SSD storage — the most available in any notebook. So you can take your entire photo or video libraries with you no matter where you’re headed. And with superfast speeds, massive files load in an instant and pro apps launch in a blink.
A battery with a strong work ethic.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro has the highest-capacity battery Apple has ever put in a notebook. The 100-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery not only powers the larger display and delivers higher maximum sustained power, it also provides longer battery life — up to 11 hours of wireless web browsing and Apple TV app movie playback.⁸ So you’ll have more time to work between charges — whether you’re on or off the grid.
Apple T2 Security Chip
The next generation of security.
Every MacBook Pro is equipped with the Apple T2 Security Chip — second‑generation custom Mac silicon designed to make everything you do even more secure. It includes a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities. It also consolidates many discrete controllers, including the system management controller, audio controller, and SSD controller, into one.
The most powerful and versatile port ever.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra‑high bandwidth with the ultra‑versatility of the USB‑C industry standard to create one revved‑up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. MacBook Pro 16-inch is equipped with four ports, so you can do all that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always right side up.
1. Display size is measured diagonally.
2. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
3. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with 64GB of RAM and shipping 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM. Tested using Logic Pro X 10.4.7 with project consisting of 253 tracks, each with an Amp Designer plug-in instance applied. Individual tracks were enabled during playback until CPU became overloaded. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
4. Compared with the previous-generation MacBook Pro.
5. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with 64GB of RAM, preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with 32GB of RAM, and preproduction 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM. Prerelease Adobe Photoshop 2020 21.0.0 tested using a 12.5GB file and rotate, unsharp mask, auto color, and scale functions. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
6. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2020 using preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with Radeon Pro 5600M graphics with 8GB of HBM2, 64GB of RAM, and 8TB SSD, and shipping 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with Radeon Pro 5500M graphics with 4GB of GDDR6, 16GB of RAM, and 1TB SSD, as well as 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with Radeon Pro 560X graphics with 4GB of GDDR5, 16GB of RAM, and 512GB SSD. Cinema 4D S22 tested using a 22.2MB scene. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
7. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with 64GB of RAM and 4TB SSD. Tested with FIO 3.16, 1024KB request size, 150GB test file and IO depth=8. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
8. Actual rating of 99.8 watt-hours. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 1TB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The Apple TV app movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/batteries for more information.